xHenry95

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey everyone,

I don't use Excel a lot, so I am quite proud with what I have come up with. Wish I could share it but it has all my financial data and crypto holdings to create a dashboard. Power queries, just trying to solve a different issue at the moment with VBA, the lot!

Besides the point... On the main dashboard sheet (out of 20 or so sheets) I have probably about 30-40 objects displaying Pivot Charts, a Pivot table, shapes, text boxes, slicers. You name it, it's probably on the dashboard! haha

I want to set this dashboard to auto update (which I can do)... BUT - Every time I refresh my data (refresh all, auto refresh, refresh on open, refresh with macro), the objects on the bottom (say 70%) of the sheet are affected; they are resized ever-so-slightly on each refresh, maybe about 1 or 2 pixels higher than they were before the refresh, pushing everything down. This causes my chart on the bottom edge to move out of the view gradually (trying to make it so I don't have to scroll down or sideways on my dashboard).

Every single object on the sheet is set to not move or resize with cells. I have tried locking everything but only just found out this only takes affect when the sheet is protected, and when that is done refreshing data is not possible.

I have tried to research this problem but I can't see anyone else that has the same issue. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the Pivot Table placed onto the sheet (also set to not resize cells on update), as all the data that is affected is underneath this placement (row 15 and beyond).

I hope I have explained well enough for you to understand as I cannot upload screenshots and a sample file will take just as long to create (Days!)

I have recorded an uploaded a Gif below of the far left of my spreadsheet, while I run three refreshes, hopefully this works and displays the issue I am having. The donut chart is highlighted on each refresh, and you can see how some of the objects are being reformatted below the pivot table(A3:A14) after each refresh):

xv5XAezwrA.gif

Thank you so much for any advice in advance!

Hoping someone can save my project :)

Have a great day.
Henry

P.s I am using Excel with O365 (cant tell which year but I think it's the most recent) - build details below:
Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2112 Build 16.0.14729.20254) 64-bit
Operating system - Windows 10

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Sorry - I forgot to actually ask a question!!

Does anyone have any experience of this happening, or know anything I can try to stop my objects from being 'stretched' and moving down the page?

Thanks again

Upvote 0
There are settings for objects. Search for a checkbox which says not to rescale.

Upvote 0
There are settings for objects. Search for a checkbox which says not to rescale.
I love a quick reply, thank you very much.

However, I have searched for these settings, and every object on my dashboard already has these two options ticked:
1. Format Shape > Size > Lock Aspect Ratio - and:
2. Format Shape > Properties > Don't move or size with cells

Screenshot shows my settings for one object on my sheet (as states is the same for the lock and moving):
jJouKh1pFH.png

Upvote 0
That should actually work

Upvote 0
Do you have pivottables in that sheet too?
They have to be changed in the pivot table settings, uncheck: automatically rescale columns after refresh or something like that.

Upvote 0
Do you have pivottables in that sheet too?
They have to be changed in the pivot table settings, uncheck: automatically rescale columns after refresh or something like that.
Yes that’s also ticked. Away from my laptop right now but that’s another one I have double and triple. Checked

Upvote 0
Weird.. I can't think of anything else

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back