Help! Data in rows is moving!

Londonkezza

Hi,

I have created a customer spreadsheet and this is now the 3rd time that the rows on ONE of the tabs keeps moving about randomly. I have no idea what the problem could be. And when I google, it looks as though no-one else is having this problem. I don't even know where to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kerry

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
What do you mean by "moving about randomly"?

have you any code that might be sorting the data?

Upvote 0
I have the entries in numerical order and this is the 3rd time that entries are now appearing out of order, i.e. entry 542 is sitting in between 17 and 18 (amongst many others that have moved as well). It seems to be doing it to different numbers each time. I don't have any coding as far as I know and the only hyperlinks are linking an entry on tab 1 to the corresponding entry on tab 2.

This is a shared spreadsheet that is accessed by 8 people. The information is filtered to find what we want as there's quite a bit but still can't see how this keeps happening.

Upvote 0
Sharing workbooks can cause problems. Are you sure another user isn't changing the order?

Upvote 0
Hi royUK,

I had considered it but it's too random to be deliberate, so I'm wondering if there is a function that is being used that is interfering. Sounds like a stupid question, but could the order be changed by the various different people performing different filters?

Upvote 0
Filtering wouldn't change the order and sorting would not affect random numbers.

I never used shared orkbooks so I don't really know what might be causing this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back