Help Designing VBA Macro for Call Center Scheduling

giusepesm

Hello,

I need some help on figuring out the design (ie. modules, controls, structure) for a VBA program I want to make to create the required schedules at a Call Center. I haven't really got into the coding part yet, I'm struggling a little bit with the designing of the program and how I should handle it. This is NOT a full workforce management application as we already have a dedicated application for that, I'm only looking for a tool that helps me minimize time I spend on some tasks that the application cannot manage.

The main task I'm trying to automate is to create what we call the "to covers", these happen when our actual staff cannot cover the requirements for staffing that we have, and I have to create these manually for our agents to sign their names in to commit more hours during a day. This is done by a simple rest: REQUIRED STAFF - ACTUAL STAFF = TO COVER. This to covers are calculated in half hour intervals for every day of the week.

So the question is How to solve this?

This is the ideas I've had so far:

First of all I will have a template module with pre-set "To Covers", where you can either select a series of pre-made schedules or you can create your own.

Second I will have another module encharged of gathering the data of how many to covers I have for every half-hour interval. This should be the easiest part.

Third I will have an enhancer module that will fill the To Covers according to the previous two modules (How many to covers there are per interval + the templates that the user created). This is probably the hardest point.

Lastly I will have the output where it will make a list where the agents sign to commit extra hours.

I just want to know if I'm on the right track, what do you guys think? Would you add anything else?

I know this will probably take a few months for me to complete as I have limited time to elaborate the macros and very little experience and knowledge, but I reckon little by little I can make some progress and also reckon this will be a very useful and valuable tool for our company.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
giusepesm,

There is a lot of information on the web if you search for excel vba Call Center Scheduling template.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back