Help! Excel Beginner's Tab/Spreadsheet Question...

Mayraellen

Hi,
I'm new to this site and also a beginner in Excel. My question will probably seem simple to most so hopefully someone can help me with this. I have to create a daily 2006 ledger at work, extremely detailed and it must be in Excel. There will be 12 diff. files (one per month). Each file will have one tab for every day.

There must be a way to create a master tab/sheet for formatting purposes in which certain cells automatically carry over to other tabs; I would like to create one tab and then easily transfer the format to every other 28-31 tabs (without copy/pasting or using extensive formulas).

If there's anything a beginner like me can do to save a TON of time, please let me know. It is GREATLY appreciated! :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
welcome.

Demo:
1. Format the one sheet the way you want. (Maybe just a few cells for demo sake)

2. Hold the Ctrl key down, Click on the sheet name (tab), drag to right or left and drop. That copies the whole sheet.

Upvote 0
Or hold down Ctrl and select all your files. Then go back to the first sheet (tab) and start working. All work done in the first sheet will be in the rest of the files too. No need to copy afterwards.

Practice with a demo first.

Hope This Helps

RAM

Upvote 0
Glad to be to your help. Stay on this board and you'll save time and learn more for every day.

RAM

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back