(help!) Excel Graph

hellfire45

I have a graph in excel and it spans a range of employees. Sometimes the employees have no activity and so the number next to their name is a zero. In these cases, is there a way to get the graph to totally ignore them so they don't appear on the graph at all? And when a person previously at zero suddenly has a value greater than zero they reappear on the graph? I should also note that these employees are rank sorted so the ones with the most activity are at the top of the list and then ones with zero values are at the bottom.

I could probably accomplish this with visual basic but it seems like more time required that it's worth to do it with VBA. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
You could hide the row(s) manually as shown below. You can see the Division 5 disappears when you hide the row.

1624572750473.png

1624572805545.png

Another option is to use FILTER and SORT functions with named ranges to filter out zeros and sort your chart data automatically if you are using 365 to h

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back