help for date ranges

richardcdahlgren

Board Regular
I am trying to use an IF formula to return a 1 or 0 if the date ranges are between given dates. I have project name (B3), start date (b7), end date (b8) (5 and 6 on the vlookup) on a separate Projects List tab. I have tried:

=IF(VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$H$5000,5,FALSE)>=A5<=VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$H$5000,6,FALSE),1,0)

B2 is the project name on the current tab and I have dates listed in column A from 1/1/13 to 12/31/13. A5 is the start date of this project and A7 is the end date. In Column B I am trying to get a 1 for the dates in between and a 0 for dates before and after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I would try =IF(AND(VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$B$5000,5,0)>=$A$5,VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$B$5000,6,0)<=$A$5),1,0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

Try

=IF(AND(VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$H$5000,5,FALSE)>=A5,VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$H$5000,6,FALSE)<=A7),1,0)

Jai

Upvote 0
These are all very good, but I guess I didn't explain fully. In Column B I want a 1 for every date that is between the dates on the project list. So B5 is the start date and B7 is the end date. I need a 1 for B5, B6 and B7.

Does that make sense? Thanks for the help so far.

Upvote 0
Projects List tab has following data:
Column B Column C Column D Column E Column F Column G Column H
Project NumberProject NameLocationAssigned toStart DateProposed Finish DateOn Schedule
Z1000Field TestWOKR.Dahlgren1/3/20131/5/2013yes

<tbody>
</tbody>

On my Calendar tab I have dates from 1/1/13 thru 12/31/13 listed vertically in Column A. Column B is for the projects. B2 is Project name. In column B I would like a 1 to show for B5, A5 is 1/3/13, a 1 to show for A6 and A7. A7 is 1/5/13. And zero's for all the other cells in column B starting with B3 (1/1/13)

Does that help?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am still not clear.

You say column B is for projects. And then in B5 you would like to show 1.

???

Also, what is in column F of tab Project List? Dates?

Jai

Upvote 0
I am trying to use an IF formula to return a 1 or 0 if the date ranges are between given dates. I have project name (B3), start date (b7), end date (b8) (5 and 6 on the vlookup) on a separate Projects List tab. I have tried:

=IF(VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$H$5000,5,FALSE)>=A5<=VLOOKUP($B$2,'Project List'!$B$3:$H$5000,6,FALSE),1,0)

B2 is the project name on the current tab and I have dates listed in column A from 1/1/13 to 12/31/13. A5 is the start date of this project and A7 is the end date. In Column B I am trying to get a 1 for the dates in between and a 0 for dates before and after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
1.Select the range H3:h5000 with the active sell being h3
2. copy and paste this:
=IF(AND($F3<=$A$5,$G3>=$A$5),1,0)
3.Ctrl + Enter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back