Help help taking the data for one date and lookup the data from another date and substracting based on additional characteristics.

falcons07076

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello I have a file that has two tabs. In the first tab it lists all bank accounts down the bottom of the page in rows. The list includes details about each account from columns A-H and then it has dates going all the way out from I-EY. The details in A-H have the unique identifier I created in column A and the other details in B-H most relevant for this is the account type(ZBA or Balance) in column G. For the data in I-EY, I have the dates listed across the top in row 2 for all dates going out for each bank account. For each date I populated the balance its a balance account or the activity if it's a ZBA. This is the data that I will use for the other subsequent tab #2. The data in tab 1 is all hardcoded.

In Tab#2, its setup the exact same way. All the bank accounts are in the same rows as tab 1 but the columns are off by one. The dates start one day earlier in tab 1.(tab1 in column I starts with 6/30 and in tab 2 column I starts as 7/1) I will get into why. In tab 2 I want to calculate or pull the daily activity for each account based on the type of account it is. If says balance in column G) i want to calculate for each date the change in balances from the prior day. (So for 7/1 if its a balance account take the balance in 7/1 column J and substract the balance in column I). This will populate the activity for 7/1 in tab 2. If its a ZBA then just take that specific number.

So I was hoping to perform this function I can have a standard if formula but I wanted to avoid any problems on a daily basis by creating a formula in tab 2 that looks up that date(row 2) and what type of account it is. If it's a balance account i want it to take the date in row 2 for each column and have it lookup the balance for the previous day(Date - 1) so it calculates and then if its a ZBA just look up the date and find the balance for that day.

Hope this makes sense. Appreciate all the help

So basically i need a formula that

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Tab 1

Attachments

• Tab 1.JPG
    Tab 1.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back