Help highlighting adjacent cell ten business days (exclude holidays) after the date found in the cell beside it

bananius

Hello,

I have been trying to work on this with conditional formatting for a couple of days now to no avail :(

Here is a photo of the chart I'm working with:

cecb16_937dc45db1634d42b7e8b5709f8a57f6.png_srz_p_1086_533_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

I have made it so that every time a "FILE NUMBER" is entered the cell to the right in grey shows the date it was entered in dd-Mmm-yy (ex. file number is C8 date is entered in D8).

Now what I need is a macro or conditional formatting that will highlight the "Motion" (B, E...) and "FILE NUMBER" (C, F...) cells in red when 10 ***business/work days have passed from the initial date entered in the corresponding grey cell (D, G, J...).

I wanted to use WORKDAY, but the cells are filled at random dates so I don't know what the start date would be. It's not a project with a duration. I want to use today, but it doesn't incorporate workdays.

Please help! Thank you!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Not sure if I follow correctly, try applying conditional formatting to columns B and C using =(NETWORKDAYS($D8,TODAY())>10)/$D8 as the CF rule.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure if I follow correctly, try applying conditional formatting to columns B and C using =(NETWORKDAYS($D8,TODAY())>10)/$D8 as the CF rule.

That does work, but can I create a range with that? It would have to be applied to cells $D8 to $D67 and other columns as well like $G8:$G67. Or would I have to include each manually?

Upvote 0
I haven't tried this but think it should work.

=OR(AND(B$6=$B$6,(NETWORKDAYS(D8,TODAY())>10)/D8),AND(A$6=$B$6,(NETWORKDAYS(C8,TODAY())>10)/C8))

Apply it as the rule formula to $B$8:$O$67.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back