Help - How can I use Excel as Db (next record, save, etc)

cjamen

I need to create a data management solution for outbound dialing campaigns within my call center. I only have one rep using it at a time (although I would like to create a solution that enables multiple users, assuming it does no substantially increase the complexity to build).

I want the rep to have a form, they click next record and it pulls in the Name/phone#/etc for contact from a worksheet. They disposition the call results (see below) and then can save the updates and retrieve next record. Note: Multiple call attempts are made for some contacts, so i will need to save each time a call attempt is made and display that in the form. Note: although we have a dialer, i am not attempting to tie this solution to the dialer.

Example of dispositions:
Call Attempt - No answer, spoke to Agent, left VM, bad #, etc
Conact results - Not interested, will review on own, placed order, etc
No interest calls carry another level of disposition to capture reason of no interest (i.e. No ROI, lack of Corp dollars, etc.)
Placed order calls carry another level of dispositions (# of quarters ordered, Qty per Quarter,etc)

Any and all help/resources offered is GREATLY appreciated. I currently have a spreadsheet that I created to do all of the above, but it is a monster and very clunky, so I figured it's time I work on improving my knowledge of advanced Excel features.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Welcome to the Board!

Check out this primmer on user forms:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

You'll also be interested in the User Form ComboBox tutorial there to load your values.

You can easily add some code at the end of each entry to save the workbook (ActiveWorkbook.Save).

Without any specifics, that's about the best I can do for now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back