Help I need a hero! Advanced Macro open close copy paste etc.

bemcbride

I have a master commission sheet that has every salesperson with the invoices they get commissioned on. Each individual also has their own individual spreadsheet that has their information along with some personal targets and other information. In the master commission sheet, I have the individual sheets for each person listed.

I want to write a macro that opens this spreadsheet and copy and pastes (values only) onto the specific tab of the individual sheets. After that it should save and close the individual sheet.

Does anyone know if or how something like that could work or be done? I was thinking I could put the file name location in the Workbook column and that might help the macro...I don't know.

Thank you all for any help or assistance you can provide or suggestions. Yall are awesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-11 112140.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-11 112140.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 8
Could you upload a couple more individual files so I can test the macro with more than one file?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Thank you this works! Can you explain to me key how it works? I f i need to delete a column or add more columns how can i adjust that?

Upvote 0
Currently, the column with the file paths is column Q which is the thirteenth column to the right of column E. If you add or delete columns, you have to change the number "13" in the code (two occurrences) to match the position of the file path column relative to column E.

Upvote 0
Currently, the column with the file paths is column Q which is the thirteenth column to the right of column E. If you add or delete columns, you have to change the number "13" in the code (two occurrences) to match the position of the file path column relative to column

Upvote 0
That makes sense thank you. I notice when I run the code the individual files no longer recognize the data as being apart of a table so the pivots that work off of it no longer have a reference. Right now I'm going back into the individual files and getting that data we copied over and renaming it as Table1 on all of them. Is there way that when it copies and pastes over it leaves the Table1 name with the copied data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back