Help if anyone can! ;-)

tammymb

I have a 3 column spreadsheet.

Column 1 has item numbers (About 3,000 of them) | column 2 has weights | MY COLUMN - column 3 has only item numbers I want.(About 1500 of them)

How do I find the item numbers that I have in column 3 in column 1 and delete the ones I dont want from column 1?
While keeping column 2 (the weights) matching the products in column 1

After I do that, I need to convert the weights from pounds to grams!

Can anyone help? ughhh I have no idea how to do this! Thank you for any help in advance!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
You may use a helper column, say column D, to achieve

Assume you have headers,

In D2
=countif(C$2:C$3000,a2)
copy down till the end of your entry in column A

Apply Auto Filter
Filter Column D for 0

Select the filtered rows --> HOME --> Cell group --> Delete --> Sheets Rows

To convert g to pound
=CONVERT(B2,"g","lbm")

I have a 3 column spreadsheet.

Column 1 has item numbers (About 3,000 of them) | column 2 has weights | MY COLUMN - column 3 has only item numbers I want.(About 1500 of them)

How do I find the item numbers that I have in column 3 in column 1 and delete the ones I dont want from column 1?
While keeping column 2 (the weights) matching the products in column 1

After I do that, I need to convert the weights from pounds to grams!

Can anyone help? ughhh I have no idea how to do this! Thank you for any help in advance!

Upvote 0
You may use a helper column, say column D, to achieve

Assume you have headers,

In D2
=countif(C$2:C$3000,a2)
copy down till the end of your entry in column A

Apply Auto Filter
Filter Column D for 0

Select the filtered rows --> HOME --> Cell group --> Delete --> Sheets Rows

To convert g to pound
=CONVERT(B2,"g","lbm")

Hi I sent you a message and uploaded the file to my server, so basically, If I look for my first item in column c, I can find it in column a to get its weight! I need to find all of the weights for the item numbers in column c! Does this make sense?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
It gets easier then

In column D:

=VLOOKUP(C2,A:B,2,FALSE)

In column E:

=CONVERT(D2,"g","lbm")

Upvote 0
It gets easier then

In column D:

=VLOOKUP(C2,A:B,2,FALSE)

In column E:

=CONVERT(D2,"g","lbm")

Thank you, Im getting an error? My file is located at http://www.bluedaisypress.com/help.zip if you can help! Im not sure if Im explaining it correctly!

In column a are item numbers, column b, weights, column c are the item numbers I have column d is where I want to put the weights that match my item numbers from column c. I need them to stay in the order they are in though!

THEN when thats done, I need to convert the weights from punds to grams!

I would appreciate the help, Im lost!

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I can't download files at work on the work network (they're fairly tight with downloading anything) but if nobody else has managed to help you I'll try and find this thread and come back to you later when I'm at home.

Upvote 0
Try to explain again? I have 3 columns in my spreadsheet. The first column has item numbers | second column has weights. This list has about 3000 rows.

I however, have only a few of the items and need to find the weights of them. My list has about 1500 of those item numbers in it!
How do I extract only the item numbers I have from column 1? And make it tell me the weights?

Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0
Sorry tammymb, I downloaded the zip file but I can't find an Excel file in there anywhere.

You can try emailing just the excel file direct to me if you like? Don't zip it up, just those two columns shouldn't be too big.

I'll PM you my email address

Edit - your PM inbox is full, clear it out a bit or I can't send you my email address...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry I didnt get your PM my mailbox was full! If you send me your email address, I can mail it as a csv file! Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back