3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hello Everyone,

I have an Excel question. I have two sheets- tab a is the source data, tab b is data from a BI report. I need to match the IDs on both sheets, both in column A, and THEN sum all the matching values in the balances column to compare the report bal to the source bal. 1) the IDs on both files do not have equal lengths & may have some duplicates if there was more than one invoice. Therefore, I'm only matching the len of the source ID to the Report. Also, 2) Both have fields that are stored as BOTH numbers&Text. So, Im using Valuetotext. However, if the currency column is NOT EQUAL to USD, I need to, in addition to summing the balances, subtract the sum of the values in the losses column. Also, Here is what I have so far:SUMPRODUCT(((VALUETOTEXT($A38,0)=(LEFT(VALUETOTEXT(ExpPROJ_ID,0),LEN(VALUETOTEXT($A38)))))*ExpAdjBal)). I am completely stuck on how to subtract the losses based on the criteria I provided. I have started this but, I know I'm missing something simple. Any help is most appreciated!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
It is impossible to give any suggestion without knowing the real structure of the data.
Try giving this information using XL2BB to show what your sheets contains

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back