HELP - Job at stake !

JOEL-S

I am a systems person and not a programmer. I need to have an MS EXCEL template that will automatically save itself every 5 minutes.
If I don't get this done today, I am FIRED !

Please assist.

We have two different workstations - one has MS EXCEL 2003 and the other MS EXCEL 2007 - I can upgrade the EXCEL 2003 to MS 2007 so if the template can be in MS EXCEL 2007 I would be forever grateful.

Joel

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for.

If you need to make sure the file is backed up every five minutes go into the Tools menu, select Options. On the Save tab check Save AutoRecorver and set the interval to 5 minutes. This is for the 2003 version. I imagine there is a similar setting in 2007.

Regards,
HM.

Upvote 0
This is not working and according to Microsoft may not always work right so I need to have a macro that does the job automatically but I am not a macro programmer.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

This is not working

What's not working? You've been offered 4 viable solutions, so it'll help if you point out which one doesn't fit your needs so it can be excluded.

Upvote 0
Lots of viable solutions here. Have you tried one?

To be honest I'm not sure why you are at risk of being fired for something you say is not your job. If all else fails, try this...http://monster.com

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter if it is not part of what I was hired for.
As the IT guy, I am expected to be able to anything and everything without saying "I can't do it" or "It's not my job description".

I did find that GOOGLE DOCS does instantaneous updates across all viewers of a spreadsheet so that is even better than a timed update.

Perhaps that will be acceptable - it it isn't and I am terminated, I want to thank all in advance.

Maybe there will be someone who is willing to code the solution for me for a small reasonable fee.

Joel

Upvote 0
Joel;
Did you even look at the solutions provided? In my second solution there is a file to download that has all the code there. All you have to do is save it as a personal file in the XLStart folder of all users.

Alan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back