Help me Identify where do these values come from

DHero

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I'm trying to do a pivot table that changes the color of the data based on wether the value reaches a certain target, green if above, red if below. I the procceed to use a method similar to the one present in the following link: Create Dynamic Target Line in Excel Bar Chart
But instead I make two columns, one with the value if its above, the other if its below. And then paint each data series a different color.
So it's all well and good, but then I come across a file that does this without any of this manual labour, after checking the sheet where all of the data is in, it's formatted as a table, and when selecting this table to produce a pivot table there are extra values showing there, values these which are not actual columns in the table. What ties in to my introduction is that three of these values are: Goal, Above and Below. This person has somehow inserted a measure in this table which calculates these three things and doesn't need any ugly manual work, neatly hidden away and working exactly as the graph I made when introducing this. These three values and some more cannot go to the Legend, Filter and Axis fields, only values, while the other Items in the pivot table that are actual columns in the database can go in whichever fields.
So here comes my questions: What are these values/measures that are not actual columns in the table? Where can I find what calculation and formulas were used to make them? What is the name of this method and where can I learn more? To begin with I would like to know how to replicate this to spreasheet I'm currently working on and I believe the answers to these questions would assist me on that.

PS: I'm versed in most things in excel, but very new to naming tables, ranges and measures. I've dabbled a little with DAX and VBA, and can say that this was not done through VBA, since there are no subs in this file which have the function to do what the measures I've described above do. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
If you look at Formulas/Name Manager ... can you see the names Goal, Above and Below?

If so, how are these names defined, i.e. in the Refers to: box?

Upvote 0
If you look at Formulas/Name Manager ... can you see the names Goal, Above and Below?
No there are not, there are a bunch of given names though.
1645150210419.png

And if I click or double click any of them a window junt like the one below shows up:
1645150257473.png

Clicking Edit with any of them active opens the same window. Can these names represent a measure or calculation? Alson on Power Pivot tab there are no Measures or KPIs created on this sheet.

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks. It's a little hard from your description in Post #1 to understand exactly where and how Goal, Above and Below are being used.

Is it possible to post the workbook you found (if it doesn't contain sensitive information)? You'll need to upload to a drop-box, and post the link here.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to post the workbook you found (if it doesn't contain sensitive information)?
Unfortunately I would consider the information on the workbook to be sensitive, but I can explain a few things for context, first off, its in Portuguese, but I will try my best to not let the language barrier get in the way, Below is a dummy of tyhe main structure of the database (Unfortunately I can't download the add-in) and below that are some screenshots that may help:
FatorLinhaFamíliaDataTurnoDescriçãoFamília Equip.Equipamento/Local (Onde)Tipo/ConjuntoItem/ComponenteHoraTempoImpacto financeiroImpacto na produçãoClassificaçãoMedida para AnáliseDia
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH04/01/2021NOITEMOINHO DE AÇÚCAR INDISPONÍVELMOINHOMOINHO DE AÇÚCARQUEBRAROTOR588,0 minR$ 16.687,3215.690,8 kgDISPONIBILIDADE4
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃMASSA ERRADAPREPARAÇÃO DE MASSAPREPARAÇÃO DE MASSA RECHEADOSFALHA OPERACIONALMASSA ERRADA15,0 minR$ 426,29400,3 kgPERFORMANCE5
10BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021TARDEVARIAÇÃO DE BASE (BASE MUITO FINA)PREPARAÇÃO DE MASSAPREPARAÇÃO DE MASSA RECHEADOSMATÉRIA PRIMAFARINHA252,0 minR$ 1.784,33672,5 kgQUALIDADE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021NOITELINHA PARADA PARA PASSAR CAIXAS ACUMULADA E ORGANIZAÇÃOLINHASLINHA COBERTOSMEDIDAS E AJUSTESORGANIZAÇÃO DE LINHA50,0 minR$ 1.144,011.334,3 kgQUALIDADE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021TARDEBOMBA DE RECHEIO TRAVADA DEVIDO A CORPO ESTRANHO (PEDAÇO DE FERRO)RECHEADEIRASRECHEADEIRAMEDIDAS E AJUSTESCONTAMINAÇÃO FÍSICA60,0 minR$ 1.702,791.601,1 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
1PALITOSPALITOS05/01/2021MANHÃCOBERTURA MAIS GROSSA, DENSA (AÇÚCAR MAIS REFINADO, CONSEQUÊNCIA DAS MANUTENÇÕES NO MOINHO) - SEM DESCOLAMENTO DE FUNDOLINHASLINHA COBERTOSMEDIDAS E AJUSTESCOBERTURA15,0 minR$ 283,24167,3 kgQUALIDADE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIALINHASLINHA RECHEADOSPCPPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIA339,3 minR$ 9.770,069.055,3 kgEFICIÊNCIA9.055,3 kg5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021NOITEPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIALINHASLINHA RECHEADOSPCPPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIA452,5 minR$ 13.029,1012.075,9 kgEFICIÊNCIA12.075,9 kg5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021TARDEPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIALINHASLINHA RECHEADOSPCPPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIA179,3 minR$ 5.162,814.785,1 kgEFICIÊNCIA4.785,1 kg5
1PALITOS PAO DIMELP05/01/2021MANHÃPRODUÇÃO DIÁRIALINHASLINHA COBERTOSPCPPRODUTO379,8 minR$ 8.366,694.236,3 kgEFICIÊNCIA4.236,3 kg5
1BISCOITO TRADICIONALD05/01/2021MANHÃQUEBRA DE ARAME - CANECA 10EXTRUSORASEXTRUSORAPEQUENA PARADAARAME3,0 minR$ 27,8237,7 kgPERFORMANCE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃCANHÃO DA RECHEADEIRA DESALINHOURECHEADEIRASRECHEADEIRAQUEBRACANHÃO20,0 minR$ 567,60533,7 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃESTEIRA 395 PATINANDOESTEIRASESTEIRA 395QUEBRAESTICADOR20,0 minR$ 567,60533,7 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃPAÍNEL DO TOMBADOR DE RECHEIO DESARMOUTOMBADORESTOMBADOR RECHEIOQUEBRADESARMANDO20,0 minR$ 567,60533,7 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
5BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃREGULAGEM DO EMPURRADOR E DO CONTRA EMPURRADOR - SIG 1EMPACOTADORASSIGQUEBRAEMPURRADOR95,0 minR$ 539,22507,0 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
5BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃROLAMENTO DA ESTEIRA DO CARREGADOR CCARREGADORESCARREGADORQUEBRAROLAMENTO64,0 minR$ 363,26341,6 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
1BISCOITO RECHEADOH05/01/2021MANHÃSENSOR FALHANDO - ROTATIVA 1MOLDADORASROTATIVAQUEBRASENSOR25,0 minR$ 709,50667,1 kgDISPONIBILIDADE5
Translating the columns: Factor / Line / Family / Date / Turn / Description / Equipment Family / Equipment Local / Type / Item / Hour / Time / Financial Impact / Production Impact / Classification / Measure for Analysis / Day
This is the pivot table created with the whole table (40k+ rows) as source:
1645184012877.png

These values are "Positive","Negative","Goal", where the relate to wether or not they meet the goal, red if below, green if above, and the values, consequently the columns in the chart, changed base od the interactions with the data segmentations. Below is a screenshot of the table and of the avaliabe data when clicking "Show fields"
1645184185435.png

1645184285949.png

The data highlighted are not actual columns in the database, as you can see by the dummy table I inserted. The data is indeed from this database table, and all I wish to know is where did these values come from? How were they made and how can I do the same. I hope I've been clear, and await your responses. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Help me Identify where do these values come from
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back