help needed for disabling inbuilt excel error message...while using dynamic graphs

JayashreeN

Respected mam/sir,

i have problem regarding the use of dynamic graphs(i m using offset function for the same)...

the problem i m facing is that i m getting an error message "A formula in this workseet has one or more invalid references"
i have manually checked all the references in the graph and they are valid...and all the other functionality is working perfectly well...what i want to know is that is there a way that i can disable this error msg that automatically pops up this would avoid the extensive rework which might otherwise be required...
in short...i dont want excel to pop up the invalid reference error message...how do i do that...
thanks and regards,
jayashree

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Run through all of your named ranges and see if there is a busted reference hidden among them. That's a frequent source of ghost ref errors.

Upvote 0
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
i have Run through all of the named ranges... deleted the ones that are not used...but still the message present...it shows up everytime i scroll down in that sheet or view that sheet...

Upvote 0
Have a look at what Aaron wrote here:
http://www.xl-logic.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

Use IE's FIND to search for the word "ghost" to jump to the appropriate paragraph.

You might also note that if using XL2003 or lower, the named range box only shows names in scope. If you have a name scoped to sheet1 and you have sheet2 active, the name defined on sheet1 does not appear. Unless you are using XL 2007, be sure to call up the name dialog box from each worksheet. (If you have oodles of worksheets you might want to explore using VBA to help.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back