Help needed to pick up data from multiple excel files using vba

rahiljaved

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have various excel files that I recieved every week with data in it. I need a macro to pick data from each of those files from cell B9 to the end where data ends (its different in all files) and paste it in target file one over the other. Example in file 1 data starts from B9 - G59 so it copy and paste in target file from A2 - F52 then pick data from file 2 data starts from B9 - G69 and paste in target file from A53 - F102 and so on so forth. The target file I have set some formula in pivot table so that when the data moves in it automatically picks up and from column H - N formula will work using data that is copied from these files.

Background: I have these files coming in email so I write a macro in outlook to save all the attachments automatically one click in a folder. Now the second step is to merge all those files in one but only specific cells which has data in it becuase from A1 - B8 there are headers and other unnecessary data which i dont need in target file so that is why i need it from B9 - the end of the data range. Please help thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
do you want this to open ALL files in that location to extract the data or will there be some criteria that will only open the most recent files?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back