Help on a project involving Word

judas

Board Regular
Hi, I don't really know if this is right the place to ask this question, but as this forum has never failed me, I'm going to try anyway.

At work they mantain a "Database" of quotations we make to clients...this is a 1100 page Word file that has quotations made in the last 2 years or so. As you can imagine, this is highly unpractical, cause when a new quotation needs to be made the person in charge has to go over the word file, find a similar quotation, copy-paste it, and then modify it to fit the new job.

Because the format has always been copied and pasted, it is very standard, so I thought a good aproach would be to search through it and export to a table (in excel, or access) the relevant "fields", such as product name, date and quoted price.

Do you think this is possible? where can i get some help in developing a macro or something that would somehow help me scan through the document? I'm I completely crazy?

Thank you very much,

Juan Daniel Serrano
Bogotá, Colombia

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimborusk13

This Week's Hot Topics