Help on Double Click Event - Copy to Another Sheet

USFengBULLS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

To begin here is the DropBox link to the exact work book I am talking about here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dunqarfm89unhbu/AABMkvpgW6HYXBrOry2qpXPTa?dl=0

I have a question Regarding the Worksheet double click event. If you go to Sheet "Finish List" Notice there are three items on that list in Column A,B,C. I want to write a code in the Worksheet Before double click event that if the user double clicks on a cell in that Description Column only (Column B) It will take that Description and copy it to sheet "NEW FORM-RESET" and put it in the Next blank row from E23:E27, It will take the corresponding MR CODE (Column A) and AC CODE (Column C) and place it in it's respective column B23:B27 (MR CODE) and D23:D27 (AC CODE).
Notice I only have 5 rows that this form will populate at a time i.e. A23:E27. Can there also be an error (or Message Box) that restricts the user to only be able to add 5 items at a time? Basically that when all 5 rows have been filled, it will not allow the user to fill up anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I so close to finishing this little application. Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Add the following code to the events on your sheet

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B")) Is Nothing Then
        If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
        If Target.Row < 11 Then Exit Sub
        If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
        '
        Set h = Sheets("NEW FORM-RESET")
        i = 23
        Do While h.Cells(i, "E").Value <> ""
            i = i + 1
            If i > 27 Then
                MsgBox "No more data is allowed"
                Exit Sub
            End If
        Loop
        h.Cells(i, "E").Value = Target.Value
        h.Cells(i, "B").Value = Cells(Target.Row, "A").Value
        h.Cells(i, "D").Value = Cells(Target.Row, "C").Value
        MsgBox "Data copy"
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Dante, again, Thank you for your help with this. Great Learning experience I needed with worksheet events.
After studying your code, it's not as hard as I first made it out to be.

Upvote 0
Dante, again, Thank you for your help with this. Great Learning experience I needed with worksheet events.
After studying your code, it's not as hard as I first made it out to be.

It's because my code is very soft.

I'm glad to help you;)

Upvote 0
@DanteAmor
I have this macro now making a copy of the first three cells in a row based off the revised status change and copying them down to the next blank row in same worksheet.
Dim erow As Double
erow = Sheets("DRAWING SCHEDULE").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
Range(Cells(tRow, 1), Cells(tRow, 3)).Copy Sheets("DRAWING SCHDULE").Cells(erow, 1)

This is working fine but I also need it to rename the contents in cell C Column with REV 1 at the end and increment it each time there is a duplicate in the same column by 1.
For instance if in Column C I originally have LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 124 and the user selects Revise, It needs to copy down to the next blank cell which it is and then be renamed to this
LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 124 REV 1 then if that one get a status of revise then same thing, gets copied down and now renamed to LEVEL 1/ AREA A/ RM 124 REV 2.
Would youo be able tot help me with the renaming part in this code please? Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry I did already earlier and no one is responding. Plus you are familiar with this and what i've been working on so I thought I'd ask you directly. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back