help on min w/ criteria

josh62400

I am having a problem with min and max functions.
I have two worksheets. The first(wksht1) has data in summary form from the second(wksht2).
Wksht2 is a list of materials that have been recieved with their physical properties(thickness, width, weight...)
The same materials may have been recieved several times and have different physical properties.
For example: xyz123 was recv'd on 1/4/02 and its properties are 10, 4, and 13 for thickness, width, and weight respectivly.
xyz123 was recieved again on 3/5/02, 4/3/02, 7/18/02, and 8/10/02. Each time that it was recieved, it had different property values(thkness, wdth, wgt). This is the same for all materials recieved. There may be 300 different materials that were recieved 25 times each. All with differing propery values.
If yoy reqire any further info please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
What I need to do is find the minimum and the maximum for each property value for each material and display it on a summary worksheet(wksht1)

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
You can use a pivot table to resume your data. Put each material at the begining of each row and nothing at the top of each column. In the data section put twice each property, then double-click on it and select "min" and "max"

Upvote 0
You can use a pivot table to resume your data. Put each material at the begining of each row and nothing at the top of each column. In the data section put twice each property, then double-click on it and select "min" and "max"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back