HELP- Pivot Table to Auto Calculate On Time Percentage Per Employee

tbakbradley

Board Regular
I have a pivot table I've used for years, but I have to add a Column to the right for (% On Time), which means if someone wants to use a Filter, it messes all that up.

Here is what I have for the Pivot Table Fields, and was hoping someone could help me.

COLUMNS- "Late or On Time". This is a column in my data worksheet that calculated if the request was answered Late or On time. So the cells on that column say "LATE" or "ON TIME"

ROWS- I have two Fields on here. 1-"Employee Name" and 2- "System Source", which just shows which system the work originated.

Values- This is a Count of "System Source"

So the results would look like:

Count of Source Column Labels
Row Labels LATE ON TIME Grand Total (Manually Added Column with Equation I want automated)
John Doe 100% SUM(C8:C11)/SUM(D8:D11) where On Time is Column C and Grand Total is Column D
System 1 1 1
System 2 51 51
System 3 2 2
System 4 47 47

Bill Smith 93.10% SUM(C27:C28)/SUM(D27:D28) where On Time is Column C and Grand Total is Column D
System 1 2 28 30
System 2 2 26 28

The Column in Bold above is to the right of my Pivot Table. I have an equation to calculate the Percentage of On Time for each Employee for all the System Sources.

Is there a way in the pivot table I can set this up to show the "% On Time" for each employee comparing the On Time Total of all systems to the Grand Total of all systems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we now have a need to do a lot of filtering for several options, which won't work with my manual column of equations.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I noticed my data above didn't show up well. I've included a screen shot

PivotExample_Percentage.JPG

Upvote 0
Anyone have an idea if my question/need is possible to do within the Pivot Table itself instead of adding a column of equations?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back