Help Please, Need A Formula to Capture Ever Moving Range of Data

trele6

Hello,

So I have an excel sheet with two tabs of data. The first sheet(Scorecard) is basically a summary tab linking certain data from a second sheet (SC Data) in a more presentable format. My data on the second sheet (SC Data) is updated every month through a linked table from SAP. Every time a new month of data is added a new column is created for that month.

My dilemma - On my front page "presentation" sheet (Scorecard) I would like a formula that will automatically move to pull the data I need when I change the month cell. Currently I am using the following formulas to pull my data

{=INDEX('SC Data'!$P$7:$P$190,MATCH(Scorecard!B$170&Scorecard!$A171,'SC Data'!$A$7:$A$190&'SC Data'!$B$7:$B$190,0))}

SC Data range P7:P190 is all of my March data, I am then matching to cell B170 and A171 on the Scorecard sheet which are in the corresponding ranges of A7:A170 and B7:B190 on the SC data sheet

My date is in cell A170 on the scorecard and is displayed as Mar-17 and the value in the actual cell is 03/01/2017. This value ties to a column header I have on my SC data sheet which is P6.

I assume I would need some kind of offset formula but admit I am weak on those, or maybe it is something completely different.

Basically once I change the date in cell A170 to 04/01/2017 I would like my INDEX formula to automatically pull data from Q7:Q190 instead of P7:P190.

Any help please?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
See if this works for you (note: adjust AZ as needed):

=INDEX(INDEX('SC Data'!$A$7:$AZ$190,0,MATCH(Scorecard!A170,'SC Data'!$6:$6,0)),MATCH(Scorecard!B$170&Scorecard!$A171,'SC Data'!$A$7:$A$190&'SC Data'!$B$7:$B$190,0))

Upvote 0
See if this works for you (note: adjust AZ as needed):

=INDEX(INDEX('SC Data'!$A$7:$AZ$190,0,MATCH(Scorecard!A170,'SC Data'!$6:$6,0)),MATCH(Scorecard!B$170&Scorecard!$A171,'SC Data'!$A$7:$A$190&'SC Data'!$B$7:$B$190,0))

That worked!

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back