[HELP] Please need some help with formulas [HELP]

thehoutu

Hello Excel Experts,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>I wanted to have an overview of all projects my team is working on - with a conditional formatting that forms a bar chart. Thing is I want each new project that continues right after the previous project done to come under the same column i/o to the next one. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>For instance:<o:p></o:p>

Project LLL starts from 8/27/10 (cell C33) to 9/6/10 (cell C40) and project MMM from 9/7/10 to 9/9/10. How would you go about having project D appears on cell C41 to C43?<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>Here is the excel file http://www.4shared.com/file/O1cTbp4Q/team_1_project_overviewxlsx.html<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>Hope I formulate the question clearly and thanks in advance for all your help. I also attached an image below for your reference.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Using Excel to provide Gantt style project managment timelines is a very popular subject. You might be better off looking around for a solution someone else has seen fit to post rather than trying to build one from scratch.

Have a look at this one (just the first one I googled, I make no recommendations...) - you should have little trouble finding others.

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-gantt-chart.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back