Help Populating ListBox

Scott M

Board Regular
I would like to populate a list Box with the sum of the values entered in the textboxes on a user form without putting any data in a worksheet is this possible?
For example the user brings up the user form and enters 2 in textBox1 and 2 in textBox2 then the list box would show 4

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Scott

You could do it like this.
Code:
Listbox1.AddItem Val(Textbox1.Value)  + Val(Textbox2.Value

Upvote 0
Try something like
Code:
With Me
    .ListBox1.AddItem Val(.TextBox1.Value) + Val(.TextBox2.Value)
End With
The "Me" works when used in the userform module. If you're using the code from the normal module replace the "Me" with your userform name.

Upvote 0
Thanks That works great. I do have one question The values that will be entered in the text boxes will be fractions currently if I enter for example 1/2 in textBox1 and 1/2 in textBox2 The List Box shows 2 Do you have any suggestions for formatting the textboxes and/or the list Box so that the values are fractions or maybe when the user enters a fraction in the Textboxes it will convert the value to decimals

Upvote 0
Instead of Val use Evaluate to get the decimal value of the fraction, then if you want to display as fraction in the listbox format the result as something like # ?/?.

Upvote 0
Thanks Norie That was helpful I do need to format the result but it needs to be in inches and decimals 16.8593 for example I have tried several examples that I found but can't get any of them tor work could someone point me in the right direction here is the code that populates the list box.
Code:
 With Me
    .LstBxResult.AddItem Evaluate(.TxtFraimOpWdth.Value) + Val(.TxtScrbEndSum.Value) + Val(.TxtMidStyDiv2.Value) - Val(.TxtPartDiv2.Value)
 End With
   End If

Upvote 0
Scott

Do you just need the result formatted as a 'normal' number?

What exactly do you have in the texboxes and what problems are you having?

Upvote 0
Hi Norie TxtFraimOpWdth.Value is a fraction i.e. 12 5/8 TxtScrbEndSum.Value Is the result of two list boxes that are fractions also. its value is decimal i.e. 1.75 TxtMidStyDiv2.Value is the result of a text Box value that is a fraction also and is divided by 2 and that result is a decimal. TxtPartDiv2.Value is also the result of a textbox value that is a fraction divided by2 and that result is a decimal The list box LstBxResult is in decimals but the decimal places are way more than I need I need the Result of the Code I posted to be 4 decimal places not 5 or 8.
I hope that I explained this clear enough.
Thanks for your help

<colgroup><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Norie I just need the result formatted as a normal number Like 16.8593.It needs to be no more than 4 Decimal places
Don't Know If this maters or not but the list box is populated when the user clicks on a command button

</tbody>

</tbody>

Upvote 0
Try this:
Rich (BB code):
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
  Dim x As Double
  x = Eval(TxtFraimOpWdth) + Eval(TxtScrbEndSum) + Eval(TxtMidStyDiv2) - Eval(TxtPartDiv2)
  LstBxResult.AddItem Format(x, "#0.0000")
End Sub

Function Eval(Equation As String) As Double
  Dim s As String
  s = Replace(Application.Trim(Equation), " ", "+")
  If Len(s) Then Eval = Evaluate(s)
End Function

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back