HELP QUICK - Forgot MS Access admin password!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron_ni

Hi all,

This is my first post and it's very urgent!! I tried adding a password to my MS access 2003 database as an administrator and it seemed to have saved ok, however when I go to open the database again and type in the same password it does not work!! Other users can open the database however now I don't have access to the back-end! Can someone help??

I tried downloadind password recovery software at www.recover-lost-passwords.com but the trial version does not let me recoved MS access passwords (or any passwords longer than 3 characters in length).

Thanks

Aaron

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Aaron welcome to the forum, unfortunately we aren't allowed to discuss Password recovery as this is a form of hacking.

If you have a workgroup for the database you should be able to replace it.

What I would consider is that the database will be in the workgroup folder, so if you took a copy of the database and then set up another workgroup you might be able to get around this. If how ever you have created a password in the database you could try using the Shift + Double Click which should open the database and you can see the tables, then you can look for the table which holds the login information (this maybe a hidden table!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back