Help Required - Upcoming Courier notifications

BLittlechild

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum can help me with a pet project?

Im looking to create a spreadsheet with courier delivery times, and have a pop up notification when a courier is due.

I can visualise how it will look, with 2 columns of delivery time, and courier name/delivery number.

However what im a little confused on is how i would go about ensuring that the macro checks the current time, and then states in a pop up notification box that the next courier due is ....... in .... mins

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Would i use IF statements, Vlookup or something completely different. I assume that i would use the NOW statement to pull the current time?

Many thanks

Ben

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi

I can see the problem you have being that the formula =now() will not update itself until you refresh.
Not knowing exactly how you sheet is setup, or will be, i am guessing you will have formula something like =if(b2<c1,"blar","")
< c1,"blar,"")
c1 being =now()

When you say pop up notification, you mean, you want a message box, or would it suit you for a cell to turn red and the due time to flag in a cell?

Because, you could have your page set-up with if formula, then write a macro to refresh the sheet every minute or so, and this will update your =now() formula and in turn will update your if formula? and when this updates if criteria matches, conditional formatting can colour the cells.

Let me know what way you are thinking.

Dave</c1,"blar","")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for, it's all in my head at the moment, but the suggestions you made, I shall try out.

Thanks for the assist!

Ben

Upvote 0
Hi Ben

No problem, should you need help with it, let me know.

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back