Help Required with 'Fixture List' type table

EdRooney

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to read my post.
I am looking for some assistance with a 'fixture list' type table for job comparisons
Please see the attached Excel example which I have manually put together. The list of Jobs could be in the 100's if not thousands and I, therefore, need to automate this part of the process!
(I have only just realised I cannot post workbooks so I have attached a screenshot)

The simplest way to describe my need is like a football league arrangement. There is a list of teams and I need to create a table of Team A versus Team B. In my case, they are jobs not teams.

PART 1
I need to create the 'fixture list' initially for each job to appear in the fixture table. This can then be used to manually enter a result. (I do not need help with this part)

PART 2
It is likely that I will need to compare Job A with Job B, C, D etc but only once and not in a home and away type situation. For example, I do not need Job A v Job B and then Job B v Job A

Ideally I would like the overall ordering to be completely random, so not AvB, AvC, AvD etc.... all mixed up such as AvB, DvF, GvC, EvA etc.

I am happy to have helper columns because once random generator has been done I will cut and paste the values into a new sheet to 'fix' the output.

I hope all that makes sense, I find it very difficult to explain what I am wanting to achieve, however I hope the attached explains a little better.

Thank you to anyone who can offer me help, I do appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 11.49.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 11.49.10.png
    160 KB · Views: 25

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Cross posted 'Fixture List' table needed

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
We do not delete posts threads without good reason.
All we ask is if you post to more than one site, let us know, please read this to understand why

Upvote 0
I am happy for you to delete the post. I have not had any response apart from the slap on the wrists anyway.
For your information, the reason I made a post on an alternate forum was that this forum does not allow uploads of a workbook which would provide what I was seeking.
Once I realised this lack of upload I went to the other forum.

Upvote 0
Posting to other sites is fine, all we ask that you let us know, by supplying a link.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back