Help required with page set up at print time using an array

MikeGozna

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys and good morning from the UK. I am a complete novice at vba and really appreciate the help this forum has given me on this very slow learning curve. Anyway on to the problem.
I am making a largish workbook which is basically a job estimating assistant. All is going well, but I am stuck on this bit.
I have created an array MyArray which appears in a listbox ,(MeListBox1.List) on a user form. The items in the listbox, Array are all sheets in the same workbook.I can select any or all of the sheets in the Array by a series of check boxes
on the userform and send them all to PrintPreview. The problem is that the same sheet may be required to be Portrait or landscape at print time. Also I may have to hide or unhide certain columns at print time.
The main question is how to alter the orientation and or hide/unhide columns at print preview time.
Also I dont think the Listbox to Array is working properly, so a completely new approach may be required.
I am sorry if this sounds a bit garbled, but any help would be gratefully recieved, but please try to keep it as simply as possible and if possible, explain the code to put this right, based on my novice status.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'      PRINT PREVIEW OF SITE SHEETS
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
Unload Me
   Dim i As Integer
   Dim cnt As Integer
   Dim MyArray()

For i = 0 To Me.ListBox1.ListCount - 1
    If Me.ListBox1.Selected(i) Then
        ReDim Preserve MyArray(cnt)
        MyArray(cnt) = Me.ListBox1.List(i)
        cnt = cnt + 1
      End If
    Next

'''''''[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)](Somwhere in here I want to change the orientation of the printed sheet and be able to hide or unhide columns[/COLOR].'''''
''''''''[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]or maybe it should be coded before it gets to this point,   Please help).[/COLOR]'''''

Sheets(MyArray()).PrintPreview

Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
       MsgBox "Please Select Sheets To Print"
         PrintOptions.Show

End Sub

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi Guys and good morning from the UK. I am a complete novice at vba and really appreciate the help this forum has given me on this very slow learning curve. Anyway on to the problem.
I am making a largish workbook which is basically a job estimating assistant. All is going well, but I am stuck on this bit.
I have created an array MyArray which appears in a listbox ,(MeListBox1.List) on a user form. The items in the listbox, Array are all sheets in the same workbook.I can select any or all of the sheets in the Array by a series of check boxes
on the userform and send them all to PrintPreview. The problem is that the same sheet may be required to be Portrait or landscape at print time. Also I may have to hide or unhide certain columns at print time.
The main question is how to alter the orientation and or hide/unhide columns at print preview time.
Also I dont think the Listbox to Array is working properly, so a completely new approach may be required.
I am sorry if this sounds a bit garbled, but any help would be gratefully recieved, but please try to keep it as simply as possible and if possible, explain the code to put this right, based on my novice status.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'      PRINT PREVIEW OF SITE SHEETS
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
Unload Me
   Dim i As Integer
   Dim cnt As Integer
   Dim MyArray()

For i = 0 To Me.ListBox1.ListCount - 1
    If Me.ListBox1.Selected(i) Then
        ReDim Preserve MyArray(cnt)
        MyArray(cnt) = Me.ListBox1.List(i)
        cnt = cnt + 1
      End If
    Next

'''''''[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)](Somwhere in here I want to change the orientation of the printed sheet and be able to hide or unhide columns[/COLOR].'''''
''''''''[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]or maybe it should be coded before it gets to this point,   Please help).[/COLOR]'''''

Sheets(MyArray()).PrintPreview

Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
       MsgBox "Please Select Sheets To Print"
         PrintOptions.Show

End Sub

Hey Guys I really would appreciate some help with this please if possible. Even if it means coming at it from a completely different direction. Please help, i'm stuck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back