Help saving option button output (from UserForm) back to worksheet.

richanor

Hi all, I have a project which I put together quite a while ago (years) using bits of code that I had picked up from various posts in this forum - mainly from Dave (dmt32) I think. I have revisited it recently, and I'm trying to make some changes but struggling - any help appreciated.

The file can be downloaded here.

I am trying to gather a database of questionnaire respondents. You can see that page 1 of the UserForm allows me to gather demographic data, and I can update any record at any time by locating the ID and hitting update.

I have added in a short questionnaire on page 3 using option buttons. When the user responds and hits 'update' it saves the captions (score 0-4) for each question to the 'Database' sheet (I do not need the responses to be retained after they are in the 'Database' sheet). My first problem is that currently the questionairre data always saves to row 3 - I would like it to look for the next available blank cell in column A and use this row, but I don't know how to do this.

Once the questionnaire has been completed, I will need to perform a simple calculation on the figures in cells Database!S:AD (add them all up and divide by the number of questions answered), and then send the result to the correct cell in the range J:R, according to when the questionnaire is being completed (first time = J, +1 Month = K, +6 Months = L, +12 Months = M etc). I was planning to try to do this separately after the questionnaire data had been saved, but it may be possible to to this all at the same time? Any advice appreciated.

Possibly if the user selected the time period (0 months - 10 years) from a dropdown box in the UserForm then it would be possible to send the results straight to the correct cell? I have no idea if this is fantasy!

I realise that I'm asking a lot here, but any snippets of advice / help would be really appreciate

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back