Help setting up an office lotto pool.

JohnPerk

What I am trying to do is set up a pool at my job where everyone buy's lotto tickets. The numbers from those tickets get put into one sheet. Then when the lottery numbers come out twice a week those numbers will be matched up against the numbers on there tickets automatically. I already have the sheet set up, all I need is the formulas that will allow me to (A.)first figure out how many numbers each person's ticket matched progressively throughout the whole month. That would mean that there are 8 sets of 5 numbers throughout the month (40 numbers)that have to be checked on every persons set of 5 numbers. AND (B.) second returt those people who are in the lead. If you could help me I would graetly appreciate it. If you need more info, or you would like to see what I have so far please let me know. I would really like to get this thing started. Also this is my first post, so if I did anything wrong I am sorry. Thank you for all your help. JOHN PERK

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Welcome to the board!

Can you post a sample of what you have so far? (Click on "Download Colo's HTML Maker..." at the bottom of this page)

Upvote 0
I am sorry, but I downloaded HTML Maker 2.42 and don't know what to do now. Please help. Sorry again

Upvote 0
this looks more like some sort of bingo. What are the conditions for a player to win? How do you score points?

Upvote 0
Finally I got part of the sheet on the forum. What I need is a formula to look up and compare the numbers from C12:G12 against the numbers in C2:G9 and have that formula which will give me the number of matches put in the matches column. By just putting in the numbers twice a week

Upvote 0
The player has to be the first to get all 5 of his numbers, so in that respect it is just like bingo, but, we are using the lotto numbers instead of balls. No points really, just first to win gets bragging rights.

Upvote 0
=COUNTIF(C2:G9,C12)+COUNTIF(C2:G9,D12)+COUNTIF(C2:G9,E12)+COUNTIF(C2:G9,F12)+COUNTIF(C2:G9,G12)

I have an idea that this formula can be written slightly shorter, but I'm not sure how ;)

Also, beware that you can use a number only once in C2:G9, or it will be count twice

Upvote 0
Thank you harvey, but I have no controll over what numbers come out. Is there any way that I can avoid this problem?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back