Help - Staff rota to return an email address list

dugong

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi

I have been away from excel for about 8 years now and ever so rusty. I am hoping someone can help.

I have a staff rota that may cover up to 30 names. It is in 30 minute blocks across the top (i.e.: 8.30 - 9.00, 9.00 - 9.30, 9.30 - 10.00 and so on) with names down the side, with availability marked with a Y (for yes). Maybe its easier to have to 30 min slots headed as 8.30, 9.00, 9.30, etc etc instead?

I have so far only added one day and have conditionally formatted so a manager can visually see how many people are on at one time.
will be adding a total at the bottom and I know how to do this with formulas.

I have attached an image in case it helps

What I am hoping to get help with .. as it is way too complicated for me! .. is if I need to email the people who may be available from say 11.30 am to 3.00pm, how could it be done so it looks at the times across the top if its within that range, checks they are available (corresponding cell contains a Y) and then produces an email list ?

Is there an easy/small macro (uncomplicated) that would work (which I could also amend on other sheets if needed?

Any help is appreciated :) and I hope I haven't broken any forum rules. I did a search but nothing is suitable.

Thanks so much.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 17.40.48.png

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back