Help to remove Garbage HTML tags

desibouy

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm sorry I couldn't get XL2BB (Freshly installed Windows); I tried troubleshooting it for the past hour (Blocked Macros, Blocked File i.e. Trusted file, Blocked Addins, adding it through XLSTART or Addins in Excel). Holy Jesus! Not sure why the author can't just digitally sign it or something. So I've officially given up getting it to work, so apologies for using the old method to copy and share data.

Code:
<ul><p>As an internal pack monitor, the 3M™ Attest™ Steam Chemical Integrator offers immediate, accurate and easy to read method of monitoring the sterilization process conditions inside each pack.</p><ul>

Code:
<b>Blenderm™ Surgical Tape</b><p></p>3M™ Blenderm™ Surgical Tape is an occlusive, hypoallergenic transparent plastic tape that protects from external fluids.<p></p><p></p>

Code:
Easy-tear off pads<BR>Gentle, breathable to maintain skin integrity<BR>Latex-free and hypoallergenic for sensitive patients<BR>Excellent cross and diagonal stretch to accommodate moderate swelling or movement<BR>Easy to handle - no curling or self-adhesion<BR>No paper liner for more economical and efficient use<BR>Description<BR><br>3-7/8 inch x 4-5/8 inch (10cm x 12cm) Soft cloth pre-cut dressing covers, 3 sheets/pad<BR><br>Latex-free, hypoallergenic soft cloth tape products that offer excellent adhesion yet are gentle to reduce risk of skin irritation. Available in five pre-cut sizes to suit a variety of applications.

Code:
<div style="font-size: 10pt;"><font face="tahoma">Transparent film dressings designed to secure the catheter in challenging I.V. applications. Many with notches and borders reinforced with a soft cloth fabric, designed to reduce edge lift and to seal around the insertion site.</font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><font face="tahoma"><br></font></div><font size="2" face="tahoma">2-3/8 inch x 2-3/8 inch (6cm x 6cm) HP (Holding Power) Transparent Film Dressing Frame Style</font><BR><font size="2" face="tahoma"><b>Features and Benefits:</b><BR><ul>

I don't need <p></p> at the front or the back. Having it in the middle of a statement is allowed. <li> & </li> are allowed. There are two different columns. One has the <li> and </li>, and the other does not. I thought a Substitute formula was needed, but there is too much different garbage text to add, and getting it to clean is a long process.

Other Symbols to exclude - <ul><br><spans><b>™,®, and ©

However, this description -

Code:
Easy-tear off pads<BR>Gentle, breathable to maintain skin integrity<BR>Latex-free and hypoallergenic for sensitive patients<BR>Excellent cross and diagonal stretch to accommodate moderate swelling or movement<BR>Easy to handle - no curling or self-adhesion<BR>No paper liner for more economical and efficient use<BR>Description<BR><br>3-7/8 inch x 4-5/8 inch (10cm x 12cm) Soft cloth pre-cut dressing covers, 3 sheets/pad<BR><br>Latex-free, hypoallergenic soft cloth tape products that offer excellent adhesion yet are gentle to reduce risk of skin irritation. Available in five pre-cut sizes to suit a variety of applications.

This has multiple <BR> tags; when I put this into HTML viewer, It showed me a LIST, meaning this should be converted into a Bullet format and split from the Description (as we have a different format for Bulleted Features. Is this possible?

To RECAP - I need HTML removed from my descriptions using a Formula, <BR> in the middle of text can remain. As you can see from the above descriptions, many HTML needs to be removed but provided a small list of other symbols to remove too. IF possible, convert multiple <BR> into <LI> then extract those into a new column.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Why not just code up all your rules in VBA? Would be a lot easier than wrangling formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back