help to seach and replace a row based on a cell

D SALOME

Hi there I need help
I have two rather large price lists , I need to seach the upc code in a specific cell on "sheet A" and replace that row with the row from " Sheet B " that has the same UPC code .

I am sure it can be done but I do not know where to start !

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

DS

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I also asked a similar question a few weeks ago on the forum. I have looked everywhere on the web for this and I could not find anything. It would look at another column to change the formula based on the value in another column or sheet which could be the row reference or to change the file name from 01-2009.xls to 02-2009.xls

Upvote 0
Hi there I need help
I have two rather large price lists , I need to seach the upc code in a specific cell on "sheet A" and replace that row with the row from " Sheet B " that has the same UPC code .

I am sure it can be done but I do not know where to start !

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

DS
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

1. Do you mean the code you are searching for is in a specfic cell? If so, which cell is it in and what column are the other UPC codes (that you will be searching through) in on sheet A?

2. What column are the UPC codes in on sheet B?

Upvote 0
I link my spreadsheets to an external closed workbook. Sometimes in this closed workbook, we make changes to the layout. As a result of these changes, the row references changes. I have my formula's in B2 to B5 that is linking to the cities in B8 to B11. I done a match in E2 to E5 on the city to get the correct row references. Is there a way using a macro to change the row references in B2 to B5 based on the values in E2 to E5? I am using C2 to C5 to show the end result. I would like the changes to happen in B2 to B5.

<title>Excel Jeanie HTML</title>CustList

<table style="padding-right: 2pt; padding-left: 2pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial,Arial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <colgroup> <col style="font-weight: bold; width: 30px;"> <col style="width: 64px;"> <col style="width: 60px;"> <col style="width: 64px;"> <col style="width: 64px;"> <col style="width: 67px;"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;"> <td> </td> <td>A</td> <td>B</td> <td>C</td> <td>D</td> <td>E</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">1</td> <td> </td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Formula</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">End Result</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;"> </td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Row Ref</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">2</td> <td>Chicago</td> <td style="text-align: right;">20</td> <td style="text-align: right;">50</td> <td> </td> <td style="text-align: right;">11</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">3</td> <td>Boston</td> <td style="text-align: right;">30</td> <td style="text-align: right;">40</td> <td> </td> <td style="text-align: right;">10</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">4</td> <td>New York</td> <td style="text-align: right;">40</td> <td style="text-align: right;">30</td> <td> </td> <td style="text-align: right;">9</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">5</td> <td>LA</td> <td style="text-align: right;">50</td> <td style="text-align: right;">20</td> <td> </td> <td style="text-align: right;">8</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">6</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">7</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">8</td> <td> </td> <td>LA</td> <td style="text-align: right;">20</td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">9</td> <td> </td> <td>New York</td> <td style="text-align: right;">30</td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">10</td> <td> </td> <td>Boston</td> <td style="text-align: right;">40</td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">11</td> <td> </td> <td>Chicago</td> <td style="text-align: right;">50</td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table style="border-style: groove; border-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); font-size: 10pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgb(255, 252, 249);"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Spreadsheet Formulas</td></tr> <tr> <td> <table style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial;" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr style="font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202);"> <td>Cell</td> <td>Formula</td></tr> <tr> <td>B2</td> <td>=C8</td></tr> <tr> <td>C2</td> <td>=C11</td></tr> <tr> <td>E2</td> <td>=MATCH(A2,B$1:$B$11,0)</td></tr> <tr> <td>B3</td> <td>=C9</td></tr> <tr> <td>C3</td> <td>=C10</td></tr> <tr> <td>E3</td> <td>=MATCH(A3,B$1:$B$11,0)</td></tr> <tr> <td>B4</td> <td>=C10</td></tr> <tr> <td>C4</td> <td>=C9</td></tr> <tr> <td>E4</td> <td>=MATCH(A4,B$1:$B$11,0)</td></tr> <tr> <td>B5</td> <td>=C11</td></tr> <tr> <td>C5</td> <td>=C8</td></tr> <tr> <td>E5</td> <td>=MATCH(A5,B$1:$B$11,0)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back