Help updating and comparing priclist

Dmanic

Hello,

I was hoping someone here could help me out. I have looked on the web, but do not seem to know what I should exactly be looking for. So here goes:

I have a pricelist with part numbers that I receive an update to quarterly. sometimes price will be updated, and sometimes new products are introduced in the new sheet. What I would like to be able to do is have the quarterly update the new pricing and possible put any new parts at the bottom of the list. the reason I would like to have anything new at the bottom of the list, is that way I wouldn't have to go through it line by line and match everything up, all the new parts would show at the bottom of the list where I can add them.
Is this possible? it seems like it would be relatively easy, but I just can't seem to search for the right information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
G'day Dmanic,

The MATCH function will help you out.

Using the part number from the Update list as the lookup value, the current pricelist as the lookup array (locked with $'s), and select match type 0 (exact match), then copy down and match will tell you the row number in the pricelist where that part number from the update list is found. All the new parts won't have a match so can be filtered and copy pasted to the end of the pricelist, and the part numbers that you need to update the prices for will be pretty much located for you.

There may be better ways that the far more skilled excel users will hopefully let you know.

Cheers

shane

Upvote 0
Thanks Shane,

I was able to use something similar, but it just hilights information that is different. i'm hoping to get help creating a macro that updated the priceing according to partnumber, and any new part number introduced is added to the bottom of the list.
If anyone can help out with this it would be a huge help.

Thanks again,

Derek

Upvote 0
G'day Derek,

You're welcome and I'm sorry I was not as helpful as you required. My reading is that you will need far more than a macro and the VBA will end up being quite complex. Unfortunately I may have spoiled your chances of getting help in this thread and if you get no more responses here it may be best to start a new thread with a specific call for a VBA solution in the Subject line which will flag it to the VBA guru's.

Best of luck

shane

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back