Help w/Invoicing

BWolf

Board Regular
I have several invoices saved with different selling names. The buyers always change which goes on 3 rows for name, street and state. I have on another file all the buyers names and addresses. Every time I write up an invoice, I have to go to the other file to input this info for the buyer.
Is there a way to link this info right into these 3 rows when doing this. It is very time consuming doing this the way it is set up now.

Help.....

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi:
You will need a common data item to connect your sheets/workbooks. See the following links on VLOOKUP for a start.

You may want to use the name as the lookup item. Sometimes, however, there are problems with "The Smith Co." vs. "Smith Co." vs. "Smith Company". That's why many databases use an ID rather than a name for the key. If you are the only user this is less of a problem...you will understand the error. If there are other users there needs to be a way for them to pick the correct ID or Name from a list (either directly on the spreadsheet or otherwise). Once your VLOOKUP is working, you can look into creating a validation list (or a drop down selection) in the cell you are working with).

See these pages and check the home page (Tips) at the same site for tips on Vlookup and data validation:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

Also:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm

You will find it easier to link files while both are still open and using the "point and click" with your mouse to select ranges...let Excel take care of the file path details. With the other workbook open, Excel uses the workbook name. Then when you close the other book, Excel will refer to it by the full path.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back