Help with a logarithmic x-axis problem

dairek

Hi, I've been struggling with a graph I'm doing for a lab report, and I've been unable to find a solution online.

I have two series, each with separate y-axes (linear) and both plotted on a logarithmic x-axis with the same x-axis values for both series. I expected the points on both series to line up vertically (since they have the same x-axis values) but as soon as I select a secondary y-axis for my second series, the second series markers cluster to the left as though they are no longer plotted on a logarithmic x-axis, and the two series no longer line up vertically.

I've tried making this graph in various orders, selecting both series together and separately, but I can't get this to work out.

Help me please!!

dairek

AhoyNC

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Dairek
I've run into this same problem when adding a secondary y axis Excel seems to get confused on values for x axis.

If you are using 2007 0r 2010 click on the graph.
Right click and "Select Data"
Look to make sure both series show the same values for the horizontal (x) axis. If not you can edit it from here.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

dairek

Hey AhoyNC,

I've tried that - they are set for the same x-axis values so I just can't understand how the points won't like up :( I've resorted to using two separate graphs to display these data.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

- dairek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamamia93

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...