Help with a logarithmic x-axis problem

dairek

Hi, I've been struggling with a graph I'm doing for a lab report, and I've been unable to find a solution online.

I have two series, each with separate y-axes (linear) and both plotted on a logarithmic x-axis with the same x-axis values for both series. I expected the points on both series to line up vertically (since they have the same x-axis values) but as soon as I select a secondary y-axis for my second series, the second series markers cluster to the left as though they are no longer plotted on a logarithmic x-axis, and the two series no longer line up vertically.

I've tried making this graph in various orders, selecting both series together and separately, but I can't get this to work out.

Help me please!!

dairek

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Dairek
I've run into this same problem when adding a secondary y axis Excel seems to get confused on values for x axis.

If you are using 2007 0r 2010 click on the graph.
Right click and "Select Data"
Look to make sure both series show the same values for the horizontal (x) axis. If not you can edit it from here.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
Hey AhoyNC,

I've tried that - they are set for the same x-axis values so I just can't understand how the points won't like up :( I've resorted to using two separate graphs to display these data.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

- dairek

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back