Help with a simple cashier task...

mrblah

Hi!

AM I glas to have found this forum!

I'm trying to create a SUPER simple excel sheet with 3-4 row taht are items to be purchased (bagel, beer, chips etc... it's for a Happy hour at school).

The idea was to fill the number of item in a cell, press a go button and it would update antoher sheet in the same file with how much chips we sold SO FAR.

I'm getting trouble because i can't seem to add 1 to a cell without it becomming recurent and sending excel in a spin... any idea on how I should formulate this?

I know it's super easy but I can't seem to find the key here! ;)

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I'm don't know if I'm fully understanding your needs, but does it have to be VBA code with a button, or could a worksheet function like this work for you?

<b>Sheet1</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Arial,Arial; font-size:10pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:42px;" /><col style="width:56px;" /><col style="width:26px;" /><col style="width:40px;" /><col style="width:56px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >D</td><td >E</td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td style="font-weight:bold; ">Type:</td><td style="font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Amount</td><td > </td><td style="font-weight:bold; ">Type</td><td style="font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Amount</td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td >Chips</td><td style="text-align:center; ">3</td><td > </td><td >Chips</td><td style="text-align:center; ">9</td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td >Beer</td><td style="text-align:center; ">5</td><td > </td><td >Beer</td><td style="text-align:center; ">42</td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td >Chips</td><td style="text-align:center; ">3</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td >Chips</td><td style="text-align:center; ">3</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >6</td><td >Beer</td><td style="text-align:center; ">10</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >7</td><td >Beer</td><td style="text-align:center; ">15</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:17px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >8</td><td >Beer</td><td style="text-align:center; ">12</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Spreadsheet Formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >E2</td><td >=SUMIF(A:A,D2,B:B)</td></tr><tr><td >E3</td><td >=SUMIF(A:A,D3,B:B)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br /><br /><span style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt; font-weight:bold;background-color:#ffffff; color:#000000; ">Excel tables to the web >> </span>

Upvote 0
Thanks!

I thougt about this but I was looking towards a solution where I don't have to input a new row for every new customer! that solution crossed my mind but everytime we do this, we end up miscalculating either how much we sold, or how many beers are supposed to be still in the case... hard to check on people when you can't count the missing beers! ;)

any idea how I could do this from? thanks!

Upvote 0
tellermacro.jpg

I got this so far.

It's a simple button to add 1 to the cell I found on google.

the idea would be to have another button that would:

1-add the order to each colums on a separate sheet
2- clear the form so that the next order is not mixed up with the previous one...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back