Help with a VBA code to covert many addresses in multiple columns and rows to one column

PFCSC

Hello esteemed Excel users!

I am hoping you guys could help me save a lot of time in managing a database.

In one tab of a spreadsheet I have a simple contact list that specifies details about each company I have in the list. I have nearly 4000 companies in my list. So A1 is a header for Company Name, B1 is Contact Individual, C1 is Position/Title, D1 is Phone Number, etc. My spreadsheet has generic contact info headers all the way to cell U1. After all these specifying columns of contact details, I list out any addresses associated with the company to the right. Some companies have no addresses associated with it and some have 250 addresses associated with it. So starting in V1 all the way to JK1 there are headers for address1, address2, address3... address250 in JK1. Each address takes up only 1 cell.

I would like to be able to easily upload all of these addresses to a map and see where the presence of each company is. Or be able to look up multiple companies addresses at once.

I think the first step to getting there is I need a macro that can copy the entire tab range V2:JK3953 and transpose all the addresses into a new tab in a single vertical list starting in B3. If someone could get me that far that would be satisfactory and I'd be very grateful! But just in case if anyone is feeling ambitious, having the macro also paste the contact Company Name (can be found in the first tab column A) associated with each address pasted into column C next to the other addresses that would be even more amazing!

Please note that since some companies have no addresses associated with it and some have 250, a simple transpose of the data will create many blanks. Ideally, I hope we could get a list all in one column with no blanks in it. Just one address after the other all the way to the end of the list.

Please let me know if this is possible!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
What would be in column A on the new tab?

Upvote 0
As a general rule, I try to not use Column A in my working tabs. I prefer it empty just to keep it there for notes if I have any when I finish.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, just in case anyone in the future looks at this, I found a partial solution. I can now list out and transpose all of my addresses from multiple columns to a new column in order with no spaces. However, I am still working on a way to do a kind of reverse Vlookup. One that can tell me which Company Name belongs to each address. To recap, In column A I have (Company Name), B (Contact Individual) C (Position/Title) D (Phone Number)... all the way to V (address 1) to JK (address 250). the below code will take all of the addresses and put them in order to the right in column JP with no spaces.

Sub RangeToColumn()

Dim Address As Variant
Dim a As Long, b As Long, c As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
c = 2

Address = Range("v2:jk4000").Value
For a = 1 To UBound(Address, 1)
For b = 1 To UBound(Address, 2)
Cells(c, 276).Value = Address(a, b)
c = c + 1
Next
Next

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Range("JP2:JP15000").Select
Range("JP2").Activate
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Range("JP1").Select

End Sub

Now I just need a formula/macro to find the Company Name in column A associated with each sorted address and put the name next to each address in column JQ. So far the closest I have is the formula:
=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(JP2,V:V,0))
but this only works if the address is in column V. I cant figure out how to make it search for the value in the range of columns V:JK and return the Company Name value in column A.

Any help on this last part?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back