Help with a VBA Loop with Nested If statement

Spotycus

Hello,

I have a very large excel sheet that uses a lot of VLookups Nested inside of If Statements and the calculation speed is horrible. Can someone help provide me a better way via VBA to accomplish the same goal? I recorded a Macro and added the formulas that are currently in the excel sheet.

The range that I need to make this loop through is ($F$4:$H500) or the named range: "Payee2MemoLookup".

The number of rows needed will vary from use to use based on the values in the "Payee_Subclass" Range
Code:
Sub Lookup_Macro()
'
' Lookup_Macro Macro
'
    Range("X1").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=IF(ISBLANK(Payee_Subclass),"""",VLOOKUP([@SubClass],RulesLookup,3,FALSE))"
        Range("G4").Select
        "=IF(ISBLANK(Payee_Subclass),"""",VLOOKUP([@SubClass],RulesLookup,4,FALSE))"
        Range("H4").Select
        "=IF(ISBLANK(Payee_Subclass),"""",VLOOKUP([@SubClass],RulesLookup,5,FALSE))"
        Range("F5").Select
        Range("G5").Select
        Range("H5").Select
        Range("F6").Select
        Range("G6").Select
        Range("H6").Select
    Calculate
End Sub

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
in this macro F4,G4,H4,F5,G5,H5 etc etc are selected

for j=6 to 8
for k=4 to 500
destinationcell=lookup(cells(j,k),tablename,colnum,false)
next k
next j

does this give you any ideas - I am unclear what you are actually doing....

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help

The formulas above are repeating V lookups if they first satisfy an if statement. I have attached a link to a copy of the sheet if it will help make more sense. By typing in a value that matches from the list that is being looked up, the next three columns will auto populate based on the row that the answer matches. It would be ok to immediate copy the answers from the same row to the different columns, but each row will match to a different row in the lookup table. I am using the lookup word as a method to assign an accounting category, class, and specialized memo. I left some dummy data in the file to help it make better sense.

07.21.2017 Excelchat transaction Worksheet.xlsm - Google Drive

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back