Help with an INDIRECT Query

DrMDodd

Dear All,

I trying to work my way through excel but have hit a road block. I have a formula:
Code:
=SUM(INDIRECT("'All_Delays'!R6C30:":R206C30,FALSE))
Could someone explain how to interpret this as my understand of INDIRECT was that you had a Column Name eg. R and then the reference field C30, so not sure how to understand R6C30. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Martin

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
R-Row, C-Column i.e R6C30 - references row 6 in column 30 which should be cell "AD6". R206C30 should then be cell "AD206"

In other words, the formula tries to SuM all cells as referenced in cells "AD6" to "AD206" on the "All delays" worksheet

The false argument in the indirect function tells INDIRECT that you are using the R1C1 reference rather than the regular A1-style

But the correctness of the formula is another thing :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R-Row, C-Column i.e R6C30 - references row 6 in column 30 which should be cell "AD6". R206C30 should then be cell "AD206"

In other words, the formula tries to SuM all cells as referenced in cells "AD6" to "AD206" on the "All delays" worksheet

The false argument in the indirect function tells INDIRECT that you are using the R1C1 reference rather than the regular A1-style

But the correctness of the formula is another thing :)

Thank you very much, you know your excel, and I appreciate your help. It require any assistance with SQL drop me a link regards, Martin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back