Help with bulk file renames and formats

jkrag

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I just took over a job from another guy. I have built an excel speadsheet called "Template", that lists all the steps in construction of the house and the statues of each step. There are 3 sheets in the file the first sheet called upload is the "pretty data" all color coded information for the bosses to look at, there is a hidden sheet called Guide that contains all the rules on if the house is behind or wrongly done and how they are scored, there is a third sheet, also hidden, called Data that is the raw data pulled into excel.
I have to pull the data down from our inhouse program, for each house. It shows up in an excel spread sheet and it is named JobAcctxxxxxxxxxxxx with the current job name. I then copy and paste that data into the Data sheet of the Template and it propagates where need be into the Upload Sheet. I then have to rename the spread sheet with whatever data is in Data!C2 (the house address).

I do not know near enough about excel and i am learning I was hoping there was a way to write a macro so take the 120 files a day all labeled with JobAcctXXXXXXXX, and add them to the Template spreadsheet in the correct hidden sheet and then save it with the new file name. Sometime I have only minutes to do this before I have to be in the field. This is all so that in the field on the Ipad we can open excel and audit the house from drop down menus.

If you need more help I can provide it thank you.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back