Help with Cell reference and updating in VBA

Zelcombe

Hello Everyone. I am a little stuck on what is probably a very simple piece of code, but y'all know how it goes when its the end of the day and your brain is mush.:)

If there is already a post that has an answer similar to what i am looking for please let me know.

Cells and Values for Reference:
Column AColumn B
[Any Real Number]

<tbody>
</tbody>

Description of what I need to happen:
  1. On Workbook open check to see if a cell on a certain sheet has a value if it does exit sub. (This part I know how to do and have set up).
  2. If the cell in step number 1 has no value then proceed with the following:
  3. Look for the first empty cell in Column B.
  4. when it finds the first empty cell in Column B the code grabs the number from Column A and places that number into UserForm Textbox when the Userform is activated.
  5. After the code places that number from column A into the Userform the code would then move down one row and add a specified numeric value to the previous cell in Column A.
  6. End Sub

Thank you all for your assistance with this.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeino

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...