help with =COUNTIFS formula

redspanna

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

I have this formula to count the occurrences the same date that is shown in cell T11 is shown through my data held in column A

=COUNTIFS(Log!$A:$A,">="&Dashboard!T11,Log!$D:$D,"<="&EOMONTH(Dashboard!T11,0))

How can this be changed then to simply SUM the values held through column D and not just count them?

I've tried to change the =COUNTIFS to =SUMIFS but I get an error stating "You've entered too few arguments.."

Help appreciate - thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Are the values in col D dates?

Upvote 0
Then why are you comparing it to a date?

Upvote 0
Then why are you comparing it to a date?
I just want the total sum of any values entered through column D of the "LOG" worksheet if the date (mmm,yy) in cell T11 of the Dashboard worksheet matches any of the dates through column A of the Log worksheet

sorry for any confusion

Upvote 0
With the countifs formula you posted should that be looking at col A in both parts of the formula, rather than col A & D

Upvote 0
Maybe something like below
On phone so haven't checked
Ps is dashboard T11 today's date

VBA Code:
=SUMIFS (Log!$D:$D, Log!$A:$A,">="&Dashboard!T11,Log!$A:$A,"<="&EOMONTH(Dashboard!T11,0))

Upvote 0
Array formulas can be quite elegant. I don't have access to Excel 2016 but I think CSE should work with

Excel Formula:
[B]=SUM((Log!$A:$A=Dashboard!T11)*Log!$D:$D)[/B]

Upvote 0
Why would you want to use an array formula rather than a simple sumifs, which would be far more efficient? Especially when using entire column references.

Upvote 0
I would question whether SUMIFS is in fact simple and the fact that questions about it crop up frequently would bear that out. Also I've never noticed any difference in efficiency between array formulas and sumifs. Once you have mastered array formulae they are considerably more powerful and flexible than what you can achieve with SUMIFS and its relatives. exceljet.net gives a really good overview of array formulae.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KB13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back