Hello all,

I am currently working on the below coding:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim LR As Long, i As Long
Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange.ClearContents
LR = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LR
If Not IsError(Range("F" & i)) Then
If InStr(LCase(Range("F" & i).Value), "compensation payment") > 0 Or InStr(LCase(Range("F" & i).Value), "large") > 0 Then Rows(i).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End If
Next i
End Sub

I want to add another variable which involves dates. I want it to look in column K and if the day is within the current month - paste it to sheet 2

Can anybody help me please as I'm stuck?

Thanks

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
You could add

If Format(Range("K" & i),"mmyyyy") = Format(Date, "mmyyyy") Then

Upvote 0
Thanks - is there anyway of using the =today() function? This is going to be used by people who don't know VB or Excel very well so I don't want to have to adjust it each day.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Ok thank you - do you know where to add this into the coding? I have tried but I keep getting errors.

Sorry I'm new at this!

Upvote 0
Ok I have figured it out now - It's still pasting all information though, not just within the current month.

Thanks again for all of your help - sorry to be a pain.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Try like this

<font face=Error: Key or Value Not Found.><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> CommandButton1_Click()<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> LR <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange.ClearContents<br>LR = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> LR<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Not</SPAN> IsError(Range("F" & i)) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Format(Range("K" & i), "mmyyyy") = Format(Date, "mmyyyy") <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> InStr(LCase(Range("F" & i).Value), "compensation payment") > 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Or</SPAN> InStr(LCase(Range("F" & i).Value), "large") > 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>                Rows(i).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i<br>End <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back