Help with Decision about Searchable Table Viewer Tool

tbruce

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out the best path to take here and I've had so many great responses to my excel questions, I thought I would reach out here to try and get started. What I'm trying to figure out is what is the best path to achieve the following:

Searchable Table Viewer Tool:
  • Need to create a table viewer for already existing data that is stored in Excel worksheets. I am willing to move the Excel data into a DB of some sort
  • Need to render the viewer on a WordPress site
  • Need a drop-down to select the specific dataset (have 50+ different Excel worksheets that will amount to different datasets)
  • The viewer will need to be in table format, where each column has a search feature that will render the search parameter after typing the value (render multiple rows with same value (e.g. all first names of Dave or a single unique row)
  • Need to be able to sort each column value (lowest to highest and visa-versa)
  • Need to be able to render as default 25 entries (results) per page or show more if desired (25, 100, 1000)
  • Need to have the ability to select specific lines of data or ALL lines and export to CSV
  • Show page count if more than the minimum entries
  • First Previous Next Last buttons to scroll through the pages if more than 1 page
I'm just looking for the easiest way to get this up and running, with either a PHP generator tool or perhaps even a WordPress plug-in, or via Access if I can render the viewer in WordPress.

Attached is an example screen shot rendering of what I'm trying to create (sorry for the small size). I searched for several days looking for the right tool and direction here and just can't seem to get there. Any guidance, direction where to start would be much appreciated. If you are interested in building this for me I would love to talk with you.

2019-12-12_16-43-05.jpg

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back