help with efficiency on football database

howeyh2o

https://imgur.com/r5isISk

hi everyone

the link there takes you to a screenshot of a spreadsheet I have operated for several years to record results of a weekly indoor football game with friends with teams chosen at random. hopefully its reasonably self explanatory how I have set it up as it is quite basic. I was looking for help with a couple of things though...

firstly does anyone know of a formula I could use to find out statistics for 2 particular players together. for example I would like to see the results for when "Coco" and "Penzo" are on the same team. Currently the only way the sheet would know they are on the same team is because I have manually entered "win" "lose" or "draw" in the particular weeks cell.

furthermore, does anyone have ideas for completely revamping it, so its run almost database style, whereby each week I fill in something to show teams and result and it auto-fills all sorts of statistics. I am open to all sorts of suggestions.

thanks!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back