Help with Excel and Data Input

beardn2

Hi. I'm looking for either leads to the literature, or some help in crafting what I need. I'm a teacher, and have used google forms, and office 365 forms for data collecting. They're a bit clunky, but can work, and can provide enough data to collect data, populate pivot tables, and build dashboards. However, to make it more palatable for others, and easier overall, I need to reduce redundancies. To make a record, teachers need to select variables like teacher, grade, class, student, age, gender, activity, score, etc, etc. I'd like to reduce that to 2 input values (activity and score).

I'm basically trying to create a work around for a relational database. Either way, Excel or Access, is it possible to create a button that will input a string with most of the data necessary for a record? Can the buttons know to continue the table and input subsequently over time? Can multiple people input to one sheet from their set of buttons on a different sheet?

The point is to streamline data entry, so that it's an easy part of instruction that can be done while conferring/meeting/teaching, and not an added hassle that takes time away from teaching and learning. Plus, with the added information from the input string, data analysis can be viewed against a bunch of important variables, and it's done automatically given that the dashboards are created.

Help with this is greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back