Help with Excel & Office Web Component!!

finaljustice

Board Regular
Hi, I am having two issues in a Userform which requires the Office Web Component, specifically Spreasheet.control. Please be patient as I try to explain these issues as best as I can.

Issue 1:
I have a created a excel file which in it has a spreadsheet control from the OWC package. Running a Office 2010, I installed the OWC11 & SP1.
After I created the file and everything was running in my pc I saved the file and left home. The next day, I came back and the file was currupted. After not making it work, I opened the file copied the spreadsheet into a blank workbook and copied the userform module and the module. Finally discovering that if I ran the code and after finished closed without saving. When I opened the workbook it would work perfectly. So I can't save the workbook, thats a big problem.

Issue 2:
My intention was to provide this to other people at work, so I installed the same OWC11 just like in my pc. If I copied the file from my pc to another pc, the file won't work. I have to open the file from the usb, save the file as in the pc im trying to put the file in. After that open the userform and delete the spreadsheet control and draw in it again in the userform. Then it begins to run like my pc. With the persistance of issue 1.

I have to find a solution so that I can proceed with my work or if I have to stop using this spreadsheet control. I wouldn't like to abandon the spreadsheet control because it was exactly what I was looking for. Could anybody with more experience please help me.

My idea was to leave this accessible through dropbox or some sort of sharing network for multiple access of the file at the same time, but first I have to solve these issues first.

Thank you for your time! I will appreciate any help that I can get.
Yours
sincerely,
Final

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back