Help with Excel on a Mac

Bedford

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I work on a mac, I created a workbook that suited my needs with the help of a number of MrExcel members, I thank all of you. When the workbook was created I was using Excel, Office 2011, 6 months ago, upgraded to Excel, Office 365.
Since upgrade, the workbook is very sluggish, and acts erratically, the mac I use is;
Macbook Pro
OS 10.14
Intel Core i7
2.8 GHz
1 Processor, 4 core
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
HD-1tb

I have had numerous calls with MS, last 3 calls with Level 3 tech, no help. I have recreated the workbook in native Excel 2016, and it remains sluggish and jumpy.
Any suggestions how I can get help with this?
Thank you,
Doug.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
What erratic behaviour are you getting?

What file type type is it?

what is slowing down exactly? (If you can pinpoint something; calculating, movement on screen, generally the MacBook etc)

Upvote 0
It's not anything special in terms of a file type, .xlsx. I've tried pinpointing to no avail.

Interesting enough, I reinstalled Excel 14.7.7 and its working fine, I've seen many who have compatibility issues with mac using 2016.
Thanks for weighting in.

What erratic behaviour are you getting?

What file type type is it?

what is slowing down exactly? (If you can pinpoint something; calculating, movement on screen, generally the MacBook etc)

Upvote 0
No problem. I have converted some slow files to xlsb and they are a fair amount faster. Apparently more prone to corrupting but I haven’t suffered yet with that. I keep a back up regularly just in case.

The other thing could could be if you have a growing number of volotile functions this will cause a slow down. I need to start re working some of mine as one contains 8000 NOW() functions and grows by 3000 rows per annum minimum.

if you do pinpoint anything I’ll remain subscribed so as to receive the notification.

Good luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back