Help with Formula for formatting, multiple ifs

flyingfree

I have a fairly large set of data. 70+columns, 100 + rows. First column is a label, the second and third columns have some values in them and some blanks. There are both different limits on what the data in the rest of the columns (site data) should be before a warning is issued (format the cell a different fill colour). Some of the data has numbers with a < sign in front of the number. I am looking to check if either of the first two columns has a number, if no fill green, if yes and value in specific row of site data is less than both fill green, if more than one red, if within 10% of one yellow. Some of the limits only exist for one limit.
Specifically I am looking at water quality data with a health limit and a aesthetic limit. Some of the chemicals only have one, some have both. Not even sure where to start.
Perhaps a series if conditional formatting applied in order?
=if(b2="", green)
=if(c2="",green)
=if(d2<b2,green)
=if(d2<c2,green)
=if(d2>.1b2,yellow)
=if(d2>.1c2,yellow)
=if(d2>b2,red)
=if(d2>c2,red)

But how to incorporate the issue of the values that have the < in front of them without a dummy column using the LEFT command to get rid of it? The test results report any number that is less then the detectable limit as <DL (ie. <0.001) not 0. It would work if the condition of the arguement understood every value having a < in front of it was 0.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
would you post a small sample of the date here

Upvote 0
MACAOSite 1site 2site 3site 4site 5
100​
6​
<0.50<0.50<0.50<0.50
10​
5​
<1.0<1.0<1.0<1.0
2000​

I think I got it figured out. Using AND(isblank(a2),isblank(B2) to green the cells that don't have a MAC or AO. Then a whole slew of other arguments in a specific order to get the other cells coloured right. Came to me in the morning. The idea that I don't need a single statement to cover all possibilities with conditional formatting and that I can arrange them in an order. The CELL CONTAINS < argument got all those cells dealt with.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back